Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Sarajevan cliché


Back in the days of my early adolescence, when I was just discovering the smell and the strong taste of my grandmother's coffee, people were still brewing at home the so-called "Turkish coffee". There were no machines, espresso was something that I guess my grandmother never heard of. Coffee itself was a rare merchandise, more precious than gold, tastier than anything else.
Nowadays, in our hurry, we just push the little red button on the filter machine and the dark liquid simply starts pouring. There is little attention we give to this - otherwise - adored habit of drinking coffee.
When we traveled last month to Sarajevo, I had the chance once again to feel the taste of my grandmother's coffee. Boiled in these little copper pots, stirred, talked to, enchanted, blessed.
Having a coffee when going out in the city is already a cliché - but if you ask me, I would prefer at any time to have this cliché served the Sarajevan way.
[Our World] & [Tones on Tuesday]

15 comments:

  1. I like your bike in your profile photo. You go away a lot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. in the past year not so much, due to travel :))) [how funny is that?], but we hope for a biking week now in September :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coffee sets looked beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still regret not having bought one, but we'll be back, I am sure :))

      Delete
  4. Anonymous8:21 am

    What an exquisite coffee set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. indeed, and all those wonders they were selling in the bazaar, oh, my, like from the 1001 nights!

      Delete
  5. I agree....having coffee together should be more of a celebration and investment of time and enjoyment than the hurried activity it has become. I have heard many good things about coffee made in this manner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I really believe coffee is about friendship and sharing :)

      Delete
  6. Great memories and shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the picture but can't share the desire for coffee. Have never enjoyed the smaell or taste. Strange I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes and no. I have many friends who don't drink coffee. ah, and you see? this is another cliche, that if you don't like coffee that should be a strange thing :)))

      Delete
  8. Calling by from Our World Tuesday, there is nothing like a properly made coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for stopping by! in Italy they make a pretty good coffee, too!

      Delete
  9. What great texture! And the black and white adds such drama. Thank you for sharing and for linking up with Tones on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments are most appreciated!