Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Bucharest snapshots

Today starts a series of photos from Bucharest. Last night I rambled around the city center, bumping into old friends I haven't seen in a year (it's a small world after all...). The quality of the photos is not great, but I hope it gives you the feeling of the Bucharest winter. These pictures are from University Square, where, in front of the National Theatre they strated last night the "I believe in Santa Claus" fair (bringing together actors, singers, and retailers :) ).
This is the small tree of Bucharest. The big one will be shown tomorrow (with details about the scandal... oh, my...)
Huge traffic, policeman on duty.
It was just the first night, so the goodie-houses are still closed.
Happy Sunday everybody!

13 comments:

  1. spectacular lights! nice shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos, I love Christmas decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really wonderful. So festive. I wish I could experience these events. Some day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I would enjoy so much walking around that area. The lights are wonderful and I would feel so happy to see them shine on faces everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some tree - I can hardly wait till the goodies are ready...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:25 pm

    I can't wait to hear about the scandal! (I don't know if you've read about it, but Chisinau are having a Christmas tree scandal too, it's really entertaining!).

    Jackie
    Glasgow Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful evening stroll in the lights! So pretty your photos. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photographs really have the winter and holiday atmosphere! I hope you're feeling better today. I like how you included the street scene in the middle photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your photos ! the bucharest trees are big and beautifuly lighted but i rather have the natural real tree .
    is there any other way to celebrate christmas in romania ? without a scandal ? and without the prices going up ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice photos, this is the best time of the year with all those fairy lights, look as if we are in fairyland.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very festive. The first photo looks like a spaceship Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gee... another set of amasing Christmas decorations. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful festive shots! Thanks for sharing them!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments are most appreciated!